Note to Users Outside the United States
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our website, services, features, and content, and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate www.avbinc.com.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
By which you may be personally identified, such as first name, last name, e-mail address, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted or identified online or offline (“Personal Information”);
That you provide as part of registration or the administration or personalization of your profile (e.g., without limitation, location and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”);
That is about you or your actions on the website but individually does not identify you, such as how you arrived at the website; and
About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access the website, and usage details.
We collect such information:
Directly from you when you provide it to us (e.g., when you register with us through the website or using the website or if you participate in certain surveys, contests, or sweepstakes on a voluntary basis);
Automatically when you visit the website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (e.g., usage details such as pages of the website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our website, access times and dates, IP addresses, the webpage you were visiting before you came to www.avbinc.com, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other statistics ) (“Log Data”); and
From third parties (e.g., our business partners).
Like many other Web sites, www.avbinc.com makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site - usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
www.avbinc.com includes a pixel that enables cookies to be dropped onto your machines. These cookies may be used to target ads to you on third party websites within HIBU's network. Here is a link to www.youradchoices.com, which explains behavioral targeting in more detail, and will allow you to opt out of being targeted for any behavioral advertising by any member of the Internet Advertising Bureau, including HIBU.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites. Here is a link that provides more detailed information about cookies: What Are Cookies?
Third Party Privacy Policies
Information Use, Sharing, and Disclosure
We use information collected on www.avbinc.com in the following ways:
• We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide website services and administer your inquiries. We also use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
• We use log files to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement around the site, and gather demographic information.
• Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (e.g., combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. However the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (e.g., your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other users to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the website services and to analyze and understand how our website is used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically (e.g., to deliver a service to you according to your preferences or restrictions).
Information collected on the Site is shared or disclosed in the following circumstances:
• Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our website services, to provide services on our behalf, to perform website-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, and improvement of the website’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our website is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
• Distribution of User Content: We may provide your user content to third parties for distribution on third party distribution channels selected by us. In such instances, although we will not provide your Personal Information to the third parties separately along with your user content, if there is any information about you in the user content that could be Personal Information, that will be provided to the third party and may be virally distributed via the third party distribution channels.
• Industry Analysis: We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and log files with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
• Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement: AVB cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to, subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of AVB or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
• Business Transfers: AVB may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information & Opting Out
All www.avbinc.com users may review, update, correct or delete Personal Information by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us at email@example.com with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
If you do not wish to have your e-mail address and contact information used by AVB to communicate with you about our activities and services, you may send us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may forward us such email to email@example.com asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of HIBU at HIBU’s website, http://www.hibu.com/.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this website in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Your information may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, AVB transfers Personal Information to the United States and processes it there. Your consent to this Privacy Notice followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
Links to Other Sites
Your California Privacy Rights
Additionally, CalOPPA requires us to disclose how we respond to “do-not-track” requests from our users. At this time, we do not currently respond to “do-not-track” requests from our users’ browsers.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any administrative pages will be encrypted using [SSL technology].
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to www.avbinc.com. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on www.avbinc.com.
The Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. www.avbinc.com does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that www.avbinc.com has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately (using the contact in the first paragraph) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
By using www.avbinc.com, you represent and warrant that you meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use www.avbinc.com.