Do you share our passion? Are you already experienced in our niche? Have our core values described you? If you answered “yes” to these questions, we want you to consider joining our team! Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin a new career path with AVB.
AVB is an equal opportunity employer.
AVB offers the following benefits based on employment status:
The Commercial Construction Intern position provides various means of support to the entire construction staff including Superintendents, Project Managers, Estimators, and our full time Project Engineers.
Students in their Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent preferred but not required.
Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications preferred but not required.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Time management and organizational skills
Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
AVB is currently seeking an experienced Residential CAD Drafter who will be responsible for the layout of new home designs, modifying existing home designs, site plans, electrical drawings, structural detailing, hand sketching, window/door/joists and truss reviews, color renderings and spec brochures.
• Analyzes data and reviews drawings and plans to ensure quality of work and project feasibility
• Provides CAD support and develops solutions to problems
• Produce full sets of working drawings; with extensive experience in floor plans, elevations, specifications and custom detailing using AutoCAD
• Reviews drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
• Reviews data to ensure compliance with the original design plans
• Monitors compliance with building codes throughout the construction process
• Reads and interprets redline markups and modifies to working drawings
• Tracks project status to adheres to schedule for project completion and distribution
• Uses manual drawing skills for plans that cannot be computer generated
• Maintain construction documents
• Visits construction sites to collect data for drawings
• Distributes information to sales team, estimating team and construction team
• Works with other team members to refine standards and processes
• Consults with clients to understand their instructions and to answer questions
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor Degree in CAD or an Associate’s Degree program at a technical school or community college and/or professional certification
• 7-10 years of working experience with recent versions of AutoCAD, preferred
• AutoCAD Architecture (previously called ADT Architectural Desktop)
• Adobe Photoshop and/or Elements
• Bluebeam and/or Adobe Professional
• Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Publisher
• Working knowledge of residential building methods/techniques and construction blueprints
• 1-3 year construction industry experience a plus
• Must be able to provide accurate, detailed drawings under strict time lines and follow directions closely
• Must possess the ability to understand and solve design issues
• Ability to communicate effectively with both external and internal customers
AVB is currently seeking a Trim Carpenter.
Installs Kitchen and Bath cabinets
Installs laminate or cultured marble countertops
Installs base and casing as required
Builds columns as specified
Builds mantles as specified
Installs stair systems as specified and per code
Hangs pre-hung doors level and plumb
Installs hardware as specified
Installs base shoe in designated areas
Installs chair rail and crown molding as specified
GED or HS Diploma
2+ years of carpentry experience
High attention to detail
Ability to communicate effectively
The Groundskeeper is responsible for the upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors and leasing office, parking lots and other community buildings.
• Meticulous upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors and leasing office, parking lots and other community buildings.
• Performs grounds keeping and janitorial duties.
• Removes trash from office areas and apartment community perimeter on a daily basis.
• Trims and edge around walks, flower beds, mulch/apply fertilizer, trim shrubs and pull weeds, cut down trees, limbs.
• Blows parking lots, sidewalks, carports.
• Spreads salt on public passageways to prevent ice buildup.
• Shovels snow.
• Provides care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property.
• Schedules pool opening by ensuring pool is running and maintained along with pool furniture/flower beds/trash.
• Maintains community boats.
• Reports unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property.
• Other duties as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Monday through Friday, some weekends.
• Must be available on snow days at 5 a.m.
• Positive attitude
• Reliable transportation
• Valid driver’s license
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
AVB is currently seeking qualified Commercial Construction Superintendents and Senior Commercial Construction Superintendents.
The Commercial Construction Superintendent provides management oversight for the construction phase of the project, to include monitoring and controlling the project schedule, budgeting, quality, safety and environmental concerns, resource management: materials and equipment, subcontractor coordination, and ensuring that specifications are being followed. The Superintendent ensures work is proceeding on schedule and within budget, while promoting and enhancing client relationships and the company image.
3+ years or more of experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity.
Must have strong organization and leadership skills and a commitment to safety.
Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
Must be computer literate.
AVB is currently seeking a Commercial Construction Project Manager.
The Commercial Project Manager provides project leadership and is responsible for the overall success of the project, including owner satisfaction, financial success, quality, schedule and safety. The Project Manager also participates in the interview preparation for negotiated projects; assists in preparing the estimate, writing bid scopes, scheduling and planning of the project; and evaluating and determining appropriate construction methods while managing and maintaining relationships with subcontractors and trades.
Defines the goals of the project by developing drafts that outline the specific objectives expected from a project.
Identifies the teams that will be involved during the project and identifies their responsibilities and duties.
Coordinates the efforts of different team members involved in a project.
Develops the plan for a project by defining the different elements required along with an assigned timeline.
Develops project specific budgets and schedules.
Ensures the team achieves the projects deliverables without unnecessary delays by working closely with different department to make sure no setbacks or difficulties arise.
Monitors and directs the scope of the project by identifying which tasks are high priorities.
Balances the needs of the different tasks against the available resources and the project deadline.
Analyzes prepared budgets, makes suggestions on cost-cutting methods and sends periodic status reports to accounting.
Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent preferred but not required.
5+ years of project management experience in the construction industry
Solid work knowledge and prior experience with commercial construction
Ability to interpret drawings, specifications, inspection reports, etc.
Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation skills to interact with both Subs and Clients
Time management and organizational skills
Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Project software